Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Today in physical therapy I attempted to use the bike, it was very difficult for me! My feet kept slipping off of the pedals and it was hard to keep my right knee upright.



My therapist Arnaldo assisted me but wrapping my foot with a GREEN elastic band and that really helped with my foot slipping off! By that time though my legs were already very fatigued and it was a struggle to pedal on my own so he assisted lightly with that also.


I also had my very first injections of my bone marrow derived autologous mesenchymal and CD34+ stem cells. The syringe for the IV was HUGE!!! Biggest I've ever seen haha! The needle was bigger also :( A total of 83 million stem cells were infused, and an additional 37 million through the spinal injection. I haven't gotten a headache yet which is awesome! Though the doctors did warn of possible side effects tonight, lets hope I have lucked out!

I also accidentally deleted yesterday's post and don't know how to get it back lol. Oops! There was not much to report yesterday, my legs were tired so instead of the workout I go to use the electrostimulator on my legs again.

1 comment:

  1. You're doing great, Josh. You are displaying a level of perseverance that can inspire others. It's cool that you are reclaiming your mobility, by means of stem cells and therapy. While it may be tough to work up your legs given the condition you started out with, just think of the pain as part of the process. I'm sure you'll be able to go the distance from here. Good luck, and take care!

    Ramona Walters @ OMNI Clinic

    ReplyDelete