Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Had my first stem cell injections today! It was a LOT less painful than I was expecting! Sadly they asked me to not take anymore pictures inside the center but I will try my best to remember every detail. First I was brought into the room with both doctors and an assistant, and they went over the process with me. They had me sit up on the edge of the table and got my vital signs and began to clean the whole area of my back. She then put a thin yellow cover over my back and really made me feel at ease by explaining every detail of what was being done and verifying each step with me. I was then given the numbing shot in my lower back and then the needle was put in containing over 9 million of the expanded allogenic mesenchymal stem cells. The process was 4 minutes long and there was no pain except for the pinch from the numbing shot. During the 4 minute process of the injection she would talk to me and the assistant would hold me in place so that I was perfectly comfortable. After that was completed I was given a cup of water and went into the next room for my IV injection of stem cells. I was given a prescription for pain meds if needed and instructed to drink plenty of water and lay flat on my back for 3 to 4 hours when I get home, so now is my chance to finally start season 3 of orange lol :)



8 comments:

  1. Interesting procedure. I guess I can understand them not wanting pictures, kinda like my old lab not wanting pictures, intellectual property stuff. Too bad though, it sounds fascinating. So after laying flat for 4 hours, do you get to do your exercises or are you supposed to wait before starting them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just the 4 hours and then I am able to do whatever, but I got a really bad headache so I just stayed in bed the rest of the day/night and this morning my trainer did a nice easy session for me since my headache was still not all the way gone. Its much better now thankfully!

      Delete
  2. So happy for you man, I knew it would happen for you :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that the procedure is off to a great start and far less pain than expected! Thanks for the updates! Be well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh...sorry Josh..its Big Booty Judy (Judith Derriere)

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much!! I am SO glad too and I will keep updating for you :)

      Delete
  4. YAY...glad you are beginning your process. WOO HOOO

    ReplyDelete