Tuesday, March 13, 2018

More progress updates: Lots of improvements over the last few months!

More range of motion and strength has returned in the bad leg, I have even been able to add more weight on some of the leg machines. I've also noticed the size of my legs, they are finally getting a bit bigger!

I am getting more feeling returned, in my left leg I can feel hot and cold in more areas now, and my pain sensation is returning as well. I was getting acupuncture for many months, and during my last few treatments I could feel some of the needles for the first time! I could even feel a fly on that leg about a week ago so that's a very good sign. I've also noticed some knee pain so I've been wearing a knee brace to help. I'm wondering how long my knee has been hurting, since I only notice it now that I have more feeling returned.

I have also been using the cane as much as possible for short distances now that I'm able to use it, since the crutches use so much of my upper body to help. This should get my legs stronger even faster since I'm relying less on my upper body. I always keep it with me in the car now so if I'm going somewhere short distance, I can use it.

I still can't move my ankle yet which is the main thing keeping me back, but I can actually move it slightly when laying down now and can move the toes a lot easier so just a matter of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment